How long does it take to integrate with Payfort?
Integration time with Payfort can vary from project to project depending on it’s complexity and if you are using shopping carts or not. Our Integration team is on hand to take you from production to live and get you to start transacting online.
What Development languages do you support?
Payfort APIs are compatible with all programming languages for both desktop and mobile. We have ready libraries for PHP ,Dot Net,Java, in addition to IOS and Android SDKs that can be used to reduce integration efforts. Our documentation can support you in the right direction and accurate help.
Can i use Payfort with my shopping cart or ecommerce platform?
Yes, Payfort has 50+ supported shopping carts and ecommerce platform-integrations such as shopify, Magento and more, Our plug and play developer kit makes it easy to quickly integrate on your website.
Can clients pay on my page without being redirected?
Yes, you can take full control of the look and feel and create an amazing user experience for different channels from hosted pages, in-app payments and mobile SDK.
What authorizations does a merchant need from a client for a recurring charge?
You need proper permissions from the user (might be in the form of an email or sign up form, etc.). Permissions should include:
- Transaction amount, unless the recurring transactions are for varying amounts
- Frequency of the recurring charges
- Duration for which Cardholder permission is granted
- Also please provide a simple and easily accessible online cancellation procedure.
What should a payment receipt include?
A payment receipt should include the following information:
- date and time of purchase
- amount and currency
- company name
- store URL
- authorization code
- links to terms and conditions and refund policy
- contact number, email
Is there a technical API Documentation to start with the integration and testing on my sandbox account?
The API documentation is listed in your PayFort sandbox account under Integration Settings tab , you can access the API documentation from the following URL as well
What Shopping carts does PAYFORT support?
We have created plugins for the most popular shopping carts which can be used for free. checkout the complete list here.
Where can i find the enabled channels on my account to integrate the proper checkout type?
Non PCI certified merchants:
In order to reduce the efforts to apply the required hardness of your servers to collect the card information, PayFort guarantees for you integration types that subject to PCI requirements.
PayFort offers three integration types for web browser transactions processing
1) Redirection: Redirect the customer to Payfort fully customizable payment pages to fill the card information and process the transaction.
2) Merchant Page “iframe”: Allows merchants to process transactions on their websites without redirection for the customer to different pages, this form you can display as a pop-up , lightbox or embedded form in your checkout page.
3) Merchant Page 2: Allows merchants to create custom forms to collect the card information, this card information is to be submitted directly to PayFort via form post request without passing the card info to the merchant servers which is against PCI regulations for the non PCI certified merchants.
PCI certified merchants:
You can integrate through PayFort Trusted channel that allows you to collect the card info and submit it directly to PayFort via REST full APIs.
What is the Signature? And how is it calculated?
PAYFORT uses SHA to secure transactions in the following way: All the parameters sent with the transactions are used to create a string which is then hashed.
The hashing is one way encryption that allows you to generate the hashed value and send it to PayFort directly in the transaction parameters. you can guarantee the hashing validation using the following points.
1) The merchant reference in your request will contain unique value , the generated hash for this unique reference will be included in the hash.
2) The hashing rsults are unknown except to PayFort , since PayFort will use the same key configured in your account which you will use in generating the signature , if another key will be used in the hashing then it will fail to generate a valid signature value.
1) The result of hash is always unique. The one string to hash generate only one result of hashing.
2) No one can reproduce the correct Signature since during the signature calculations there is a key available in the account shared only with the merchant to be used in the Signature calculations.
PayFort will use that Key to create the signature for the request and compare it with the received Signature.
How can i modify the payment page layout and apply a custom look and feel for the payment page?
1) You can create your own Template to style the checkout page once the user is redirected to payfort pages to process the payment.
2) You can apply your website look and feel in PayFort redirection pages to make it match your website customization.
3) You can add your logo, Custom CSS, and html elements to be displayed in PayFort checkout pages.
4) Once your html file is ready that contains your customizations and host it on PayFort servers to load your checkout page style whenever the user is redirected to the Payfort payment pages and attempts to Pay; To upload your template, please login on your PayFort account and upload the template under Payment Page Template tab.
What is the difference between the Direct Transaction Feedback and the Redirection URL?
The Redirection URL:
The URL that PayFort will use to redirect the customer after processing the payment in payfort payment pages , or redirecting the customer after the 3d Secure pages; the redirection URL can receive the response parameters of the transaction processed via post/get method so the merchant can display the proper message on that URL depending on the status that Payfort returns.
You can configure static redirection URL in your PayFort account under Technical Settings , PayFort will always trigger this configured Redirection URL to redirect the customer after the payment; If you want to send a dynamic redirection URL in every transaction, then we recommend you to submit the redirection URL in the transaction API request in the parameter return_url, this received return_url will override the configured redirection URL value in your account and will be considered to redirect the customer after the payment.
The Direct Transaction Feedback:
The URL that you can configure in your PayFort account under Technical Settings to update your database with transaction status.
PayFort will initialize server to server post request on the configured URL in this field to keep your database always updated with the final status of the transaction. We will not use the Direct Transaction Feedback to redirect the customer in any case , its only for server to server http requests to update the actual order status in your Database.
Can I create a token without actual payment?
PayFort offers you a service to tokenize the customer's card with and without charging to validate the card.
If you wish to create a permanent token for the customer without performing a charge with the amount on the customer's card, you can use the create token service, below are further details about this service command.
Check in the API documentation section other PayFort Services, section create token or follow the below link
To Create a token with performing minimal charge to validate the card with the acquiring banks , please use the following URL in the documentation , please note the token will become permanent only if the charge was successful on the customer's card.
Does PayFort support the leading shopping carts?
PayFort integration is software independent , you can integrate with any programming language if you software or shopping cart allows the integration with the external APIs.
PayFort is already integrated with the leading shopping carts like Shopify , Magento , OpenCart , Woocommerce , PrestaShop , CS-Cart , ecomz.
other software application integrations like Bookeo , Amadeus OTAs and more.