Have an idea that could improve digital Arabic content? Here’s your chance to accelerate that idea and bring a product to market! TURN8 is looking for innovative business models that enhance the digital landscape for Arabic speakers.
“According to various estimates, less than 1% of total global online content is in Arabic and less than 0.2% of global digital content is hosted in the Middle East and North Africa, although native Arabic speakers represent about 4.5% of the world population.” – The Guardian
Join us on July 24th for a 2-day hackathon to improve the state of Arabic content across the web. If your idea is chosen, you’ll be pre-qualified for USD 30,000 in equity funding from TURN8!
This 2-day event will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop your technology or business idea
- Form a team and work together
- Meet and connect with other creative people from all around the world
- Attend business and technical trainings led by industry experts
- Win prizes from our sponsors
- Pitch your idea and pre-qualify for TURN8 seed accelerator in Dubai
Food and event T-shirts will be provided but participants will need to bring their own laptops.
Throughout the hackathon, judges will be looking for innovative business ideas and technology that creates a better digital world for Arabic speakers. Some themes include:
- Arabic digital media, web or mobile applications
- Arabic education and e-learning enhancements
- Arabic social media innovations
- Creative e-commerce solutions for the Arabic market
All ideas should target the world-wide Arabic-speaking audience.