We serve the needs of online shoppers in all Arabic speaking and surrounding countries through our trusted, secure payment network that gives everyone the opportunity to shop online safely and easily.
We build trust between buyers and online sellers by enabling consumers to transact online using the payment options they prefer with complete security and peace of mind while supporting the most popular payment methods available globally.
PAYFORT is part of Souq Group, established in 2013. PAYFORT is regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC & Levant countries, operating in UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Jordan and Qatar.
Software Development Engineers are responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
Software Development Engineers solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices.
Their focus is on a major portion of existing or new team software (e.g., significant component, set of features, mid-size application or service). They work with the team to invent, design and build software that is stable and performant.
They write code that an SDE unfamiliar with the system can understand. Their solutions are pragmatic. They are proficient in a broad range of design patterns and know when it is appropriate to make trade-offs. They do things with the proper level of complexity the first time.
They consider the legacy of the code they produce, limiting the use of short-term workarounds. They create flexible software without over-engineering. They re-use where possible, while being judicious about introducing dependencies. They are efficient with resource usage (e.g., system hardware, database, memory/CPU, etc.)
They work on project ideas with customers, stakeholders, and peers. They help balance customer requirements with team requirements. They help our team evolve by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, and ticket/metric/COE reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related technical field
- 4+ year relevant work experience
- Skilled with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) language like Java, C++, C# or Scala.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
- Experience building decoupled systems with rich user experience that can be built on a variety of platforms (mobile preferred) with a correspondingly complex backend with rich data services and business logic.
Proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.