What is Payfort?
• Payfort is a trusted online payment gateway that enables businesses, governments, SME’s, startups and institutions trade with both banked and non-banked online shoppers, through innovative payment solutions.
When was Payfort established?
• Since 2013 Payfort has been helping businesses establish trust with their customers through diverse payment options.
Is Payfort similar to PayPal?
• For clients to pay via Payfort it’s not necessary that they have a Payfort account, unlike PayPal.
Who are your biggest merchants?
• Air Cairo
• Yas waterworld
Who are your partnered banks?
• UAE: Mashreq Bank and NBAD bank and ADIB Bank
• Egypt: CIB Bank
• KSA: SABB Bank and Al-Rajhi Bank
• Qatar: Doha Bank
• Jordan: EMP
• Lebanon: Audi Bank
What business types do you NOT accept?
• Drugs, Tobacco
• Arms and Ammunition
• Liquor, Alcohol
• Escort, dating, chatting, matrimonial services
• Lead Generation
• Pornography, Adult entertainment, Adult products
• Gambling, Lottery, sweepstake, betting, raffles, draws
• Multi-level Marketing (MLM), Pyramid scheme, Chain or Network marketing
• Ponzi scheme
• Sale of counterfeit merchandise
• Sale or violation of Intellectual property rights
• Money and legal services
• Investment & credit services
• No-value-added services
• Fund raising, charity, donations, Crowd funding
• Mobile/VOIP top ups
• Online Pharmacies / Medicines and body supplements
• Tele sales, call center (MOTO)
• Software service
• Software applications and gaming software
What shopping carts do you support?
• We support over 50 shopping carts, below are some of the most commonly used ones: magento, woocommerce, wordpress, prestashop, shopro, opencart, Shopify.
Do you accept offshore trade licenses?
• No, it has to be an onshore based in any of the countries we are currently operating in.
Do you accept debit cards?
Do you accept international credit cards?
How long is your settlement period?
• Depending on the bank (usually from 1 week-2 weeks)
Do you require a security deposit?
• If applicable, it will be different according to the business type of activity.
Do I need a corporate bank account to receive funds from my clients?
• If you currently don’t have an existing corporate account and decided to have your merchant account in Mashreq Bank, please note that it’s necessary to open a corporate account there also. Our other acquiring banks NBAD and ADIB can transfer the money to any corporate account in the UAE free of charge.
Is there a specific bank I need to setup my corporate bank account in?
• If you currently don’t have an existing corporate account and decided to have your merchant account in Mashreq Bank, please note that it’s necessary to open a corporate account there also. Our other acquiring bank NBAD can transfer the money to any corporate account in the UAE free of charge.
Are there any fees for money transfers from the merchant account to my corporate account?
Can the transactions be settled in any currency?
• Settlement of the transactions will be in either the local currency of the company’s legal setup or USD.
How many currencies can I offer my customers?
Is Payfort Safe?
• Your dedicated fraud management team will be by your side to help you create the best set of rules and criteria to reduce fraud. Your team will also monitor your transactions for any unauthorized charges on your customer’s credit cards.
Is Payfort PCI compliant?
• Payfort is certified to the latest PCI DSS standards so that you don’t have to be. Your cardholder’s data will be protected from any misuse or harm under our secure network.
Is it necessary that my business is PCI compliant in order to use Payfort?
Can clients pay on my page without being redirected?
Do you provide a POS Machine?
• No, a POS machine is provided directly through the bank.
What digital wallet options does PAYFORT provide?
MasterPass and Visa Checkout